Huawei Honor 9 is here and it brings with it the company's 4th-gen dual-camera setup which now comprises of a 20MP Monochrome sensor and a 12MP RGB sensor. You also get hybrid autofocus here with phase-detect, laser, and contrast based autofocus. When combined you get 2X optical zoom, something we have seen on the iPhone 7 Plus.
Huawei has gone with a smallish 5.15-inch display with full-HD resolution, DCI-P3 color space coverage, meaning you get sharp visuals and natural color reproduction. Under the hood, you will find Huawei's own Kirin 960 octa-core processor, 4 or 6 GB of RAM and Android 7.1 with EMUI 5.1 skin on top. You also get a AKM Hi-Fi audio chip for louder, clearer sound.
The Honor 9 further steps up the design quotient with 3D glass body which changes colors based on how light reflects off it. There's a fingerprint sensor up front as well, embedded within the home button.
Honor 9 specifications
- 5.15-inch Full HD Display, 2.5D Curved Glass, 1920 x 1080 pixels, 428 PPI
- Octa-Core Huawei Kirin 960 Processor,
- Mali G71 MP8 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 64GB Storage
- 6GB RAM with 64GB / 128GB Storage
- Android 7.0 Nougat, EMUI 5.1
- 20MP Monochrome + 12MP RGB Dual Rear Cameras, Laser AF, PDAF, CAF, f/2.2 Aperture, dual-tone LED Flash, 4K Video Recording
- 8MP Front Camera, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p Recording
- Fingerprint sensor, Hybrid Dual-SIM with microSD, FM Radio
- Thickness: 7.45mm; Weight: 155g
- 4G VoLTE, dual-band WiFi ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3200mAh Battery, Non-removable, Fast Charging
Honor 9 - Pricing and Availability
The Honor 9 comes in a striking Blue color, gold, gray and black color options. The 4GB RAM variant with 64GB internal storage has been priced at 2299 yuan ($335 or Rs. 21800) while the 6GB RAM variant comes in at 2699 yuan ($395 or Rs. 25600). There is a top-end 6GB RAM variant with 128GB internal storage priced at 2999 yuan ($440 or Rs. 28,500).
It is available to order starting today in China, with shipment starting June 16th.