The oft-leaked Meizu M3E is now official packing a 5.5-inch 1080p IPS display with 2.5D curved glass on top running on the octa-core MediaTek MT6755 Helio P10 processor. It runs on the Alibaba's YunOS and can even interact with a car, the Roewe RX5 SUV smart car.
The RX5 was built by SAIC Motors in collaboration with Alibaba, and uses YunOS to power its smart functions. Possibly information like tyre pressure, rear camera image, fuel consumption etc can be seen on the smartphone, but there isn't much detail as to how deep this integration goes.
There's a 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash with Sony IMX258 sensor with phase-detection autofocus (PDAF) for fast 0.2 second focus. There's a 5MP front-facing camera for selfies too.
- 5.5 inches Full HD Display (1080 x 1920 pixels, 403 ppi)
- Octa-core (4x1.8 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4x1.0 GHz Cortex-A53), Mediatek MT6755 Helio P10 Processor
- Android OS, v5.1 (Lollipop)
- Internal storage 32 GB, 3 GB RAM
- Expandable storage with microSD card up to 256 GB
- 13 MP primary camera with Dual-LED (dual Tone)
- 5 MP front facing camera
- Fingerprint Sensor
- 3G, 4G LTE, Dual SIM, GPS, Wi-Fi
- 3100 mAh Non-removable Battery
Up front you also get a fingerprint sensor embedded in the home button which has multiple functions, including a capacitive back button on single tap, home button on single press and power button on long press. There's a 3100 mAh battery here too which can charge upto 50% in just 30 minutes with the 18W Meizu charger which comes within the box.
The Meizu M3E will come in gold, champagne gold, silver, gray and glacial blue colors priced at 1299 Yuan (about Rs. 13000/ $196). It will go on sale on August 14, you can register interest here.