Motorola has just launched the Moto G5 in India, right after the G5 Plus. The smaller Moto G5 comes with a 5-inch 1080p IPS display, protected by Gorilla Glass and runs on the Snapdragon 430 octa-core processor we have already seen on the Redmi 3S Prime. It has a fingerprint sensor, 3GB RAM and 16GB of expandable storage.
The best part is that the Moto G5 runs Android Nougat out of the box and it comes with a 2800 mAh battery which supports rapid charging with the included 10W charger. Motorola claims that the phone can last one full day with mixed usage, but that's something we would like to test for ourselves. Now let's explore the smaller Moto in a bit more detail.
5 Things you need to know about the Moto G5
- 5-inch Full HD Display, 1920 x 1080 pixels, 441 PPI, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Protection
- 1.4GHz Octa-Core, Snapdragon 430 MSM8937 Processor
- Adreno 505 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 16GB Internal Storage Expandable with separate MicroSD card slot
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- 13MP rear camera, PDAF, LED Flash, f/2.0 Aperture, 1080p Video Recording
- 5 MP Front Camera, OmniVision OV5693 Sensor, f/2.2 Aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, Water repellent nano-coating, Dual-SIM, Front Speaker
- Thickness: 9.5 mm; Weight:144.5g
- 4G VoLTE, dual-band WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, FM Radio
- 2800mAh Battery with Rapid Charging
SIM and Memory Card Slots
The Moto G5 has three separate slots, 2 for SIM cards and another for the microSD card. You can expand storage up to 128GB with a microSD card. The phone supports 4G with VoLTE on both SIM cards. There is only one storage option being sold in India, 16GB with 3GB RAM.
Is the battery removable on the Moto G5?
Yes both the back-cover and the battery are removable on the Moto G5. Moreover, it supports fast charging as well with the included charger.
What sensors does the Moto G5 have?
The Moto G5 has a gyroscope, accelerometer, ambient light sensor as well as a proximity sensor. It also has a fingerprint sensor up front but no notification LED.
Pricing, Availability and Launch Offers
Motorola has priced the Moto G5 at Rs. 11999 ($185) and it will be available exclusively on Amazon.in, starting 11:59 PM tonight 4th April. There are some exciting launch offers in store for you as well, if you order before 6th April:
- Flat ₹1000 cashback with HDFC Bank Credit Cards
- Extra ₹500/- off on exchange of old smartphone
- Free Sandisk Ultra 16GB MicroSD memory card
- Moto G5 customers can get a discount of 80% on ebooks up to a maximum of ₹300 on the Kindle app