OnePlus has just announced its flagship OnePlus 6 smartphone in London. It comes with a 6.28-inch Optic AMOLED display with a notch, 90% screen-to-body ratio protected by Gorilla Glass 5. It runs on the Snapdragon 845 SoC with up to 8GB RAM and 256GB internal storage.
It has a 16-megapixel rear camera which uses the Sony IMX519 sensor with f/1.7 aperture, along with OIS and EIS. It has the same 20-megapixel secondary camera with Sony IMX376 sensor, f/1.7 aperture lens as the OnePlus 5T. Even the front camera has the same 16-megapixel Sony IMX371 sensor as the 5T. The selfie camera will also support portrait mode in the future with a software update.
It runs on Android 8.1 Oreo with OxygenOS 5.1 and you will be able to install stock Android P beta later this week. This time around you have face-unlock available on the OnePlus 6 at launch, which is said to unlock the device in just 0.4 seconds. If you don't want to use that, there is an oval-shaped fingerprint sensor on the back as well. The alert slider has also been retained.
For the first time, OnePlus is using a glass back for its phone. The new Mirror Black color variant has a thin film underneath the Gorilla Glass 5 protection which helps create shadows and shimmer against light. There is a Midnight Black version as well, still with a glass back but a matte finish. A limited edition Silk White variant will also be available with a pearlesque shimmer.
All this is powered by a non-removable 3300 mAh battery which supports fast charging. OnePlus promises a whole day of battery life with just half-hour of use.
OnePlus 6 Specifications
- 6.28-inch (2280 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED Display, 19:9 Aspect ratio, DCI-P3 Color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 Protection
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Processor, Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform
- Adreno 630 GPU
- Three variants: 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) and 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage (Non-expandable)
- Android 8.1 Oreo with OxygenOS 5.1
- 16MP Rear Camera, f/1.7 Aperture, Sony IMX519 Sensor, 1.22μm Pixel size, OIS, EIS, a Secondary 20MP camera with Sony IMX376K Sensor, f/1.7 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, Dual-LED Flash
- Video Recording: 480 FPS Slo-mo at 720p, 240 FPS at 1080p, 4K at 60 FPS
- 16MP Front-facing selfie camera, Sony IMX 371 Sensor, f/2.0 Aperture, 1.0μm Pixel size
- Fingerprint sensor, Dual-SIM, Water Resistant Body
- Thickness: 7.75mm; Weight: 177g
- 4G VoLTE, Dual-band WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, FM Radio
- 3300mAh battery, Dash Charge Support (5V – 4A)
The OnePlus 6 comes in several variants:
- 6GB RAM with 64GB option in Mirror Black color at $529 (Rs. 35,800 approx.) / €519 / £469
- 8GB RAM with 128GB storage option in Mirror Black, Midnight Black and limited-edition Silk White at $579 (Rs. 39,200 approx.) / €569/ £519
- 8GB RAM with 256GB storage Midnight Black version costs $629 (Rs. 42,600 approx.) / €619 / £569
It will be available from June 5th. We will know more about pricing in India at the launch here tomorrow.