Samsung has just updated the Galaxy On Nxt with October security patch, keeping to the promise of timely security updates on even its budget and mid-range smartphones.
The OTA update version G610FXXU1APJ2 is just 16.21 MB in size but still should be downloaded over WiFi. The changelog doesn't say much about any other changes to the device. Given that the Galaxy On Nxt is pretty much a Galaxy J7 Prime which in turn is the Galaxy On7 (2016), all these other variants should get the October security patch within a couple of weeks as well.
If you haven't received the update notification yet, just wait a while or you can manually check by going into About phone > Software updates.
Now, just to remind you, the Galaxy On Nxt was launched exclusively on Flipkart on October 20th priced at Rs. 18490. It runs on the Exynos 7870 octa-core processor with 3GB RAM, 32GB onboard storage and a 5.5-inch 1080p TFT display, Android 6.0 marshmallow. It packs a fingerprint sensor as well as a notification LED. You can read more about the device in our unboxing here.
Samsung Galaxy On Nxt Specifications
- 5.5-inch Full HD TFT Display, 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 4 Protection, 1920x1080 Pixels, 401 PPI
- 1.6GHz Octa-Core, Exynos 7870 Processor
- Mali-T830 MP2 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB Internal Storage Expandable up to 256GB with microSD card
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- 13MP Rear Camera, f/1.9 Aperture, HDR, LED Flash
- 8MP Front Camera, f/1.9 Aperture
- Fingerprint Sensor, Dual SIM, Notification LED
- Thickness: 8.1mm
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, FM Radio
- 3300mAh battery