Sharp today announced the AQUOS R3 smartphone with dual-notch on its display, one housing the front camera at the top of the display and another the fingerprint sensor at the bottom. This is the successor the the Aquos R2l launched last year. It has a 6.2-inch Quad HD+ IGZO 120GHz refresh rate screen, running on Snapdragon 855 SoC with 6GB of RAM and Android 9.0 Pie. At the back you have a 12.2 MP camera along with a 20.1MP secondary 125° ultra-wide camera.
Specifications and Features:
- Display: 6.2-inch Quad HD+ IGZO LCD, 3120 × 1440 pixels, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 2.5D curved glass, 120Hz refresh rate
- Processor/SoC: Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 7nm (1 x 2.84GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640
- RAM/Storage: 6GB LPDDR4X RAM, 64GB Storage (UFS) expandable with MicroSD up to 512GB
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie
- Rear Cameras: 12.2MP Camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, 78° wide-angle lens, OIS, 20.1MP Secondary camera with f/2.4 aperture, 125° ultra-wide lens
- Front Cameras: 16.3MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Features: Fingerprint sensor, 3.5mm Headphone jack, Dolby Atmos
- Dimension: 156 x 74 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 185 grams
- Network: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3,200mAh Battery, Fast charging, Wireless Charging
There is no official announcement for launch in India. For the moment it would only be available in Japan come summer in Premium Black, Platinum White, Elegant Green, Pink Amethyst and Luxury red colors.