Asus has finally launched its new Zenfone series in India starting with the Zenfone 3 which comes with a premium metal and glass design running Android Marshmallow.
The Zenfone 3 ZE552KL packs a 5.5-inch 1080p IPS display protected by 2.5D curved Gorilla Glass running on the Snapdragon 625 octa-core processor built on a 14nm process for better efficiency and thermal control. There is a 5.2-inch display variant the ZE520KL with the same specs and a choice of 4GB RAM with 64GB storage which is expandable.
You get a f/2.0 16MP rear camera Sony IMX298 sensor also found on the OnePlus 3 and Xiaomi Mi5. It uses a combination of laser and phase detection autofocus to get your subject in focus. Then you also have 4-axis Optical Image Stabilization to get better images even if you have shaky hands and the bonus here is 4K video recording. A dual-tone LED flash can also be found at the back.
Asus Zenfone 3 ZE552KL/ZE520KL Key Specs
- 5.5 inches Full HD Display (1080 x 1920 pixels, 401 ppi, ZE552KL)
- 5.2 inches Full HD Display (1080 x 1920 pixels, 424 ppi, ZE520KL)
- 2.0GHz Cortex-A53, Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 Processor
- Android OS, v6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with ZEN UI 3.0
- Internal storage 32/64 GB, 3/4 GB RAM
- Expandable storage with microSD card up to 128 GB (uses SIM 2 slot)
- 16 MP primary camera with Dual-LED (Dual Tone)
- 8 MP front facing camera
- Fingerprint Sensor
- 3G, 4G LTE, Dual SIM, GPS, Wi-Fi, FM Radio
- 3000 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
Asus has also packed an 8MP front-facing camera here capable of recording 1080p videos. All this is neatly packed in a 7.7mm thin shell covered on both sides with glass. There is a very intricate concentric circle design underneath the glass, which gives the phone a unique appearance. Needless to say, the battery is non-removable here.