Coolpad has launched its new Note 5 smartphone in India which again plans to disrupt the phablet category under Rs. 15000. With a 5.5-inch full-HD display covered in 2.5D curved glass, metal unibody construction, a whopping 4GB RAM and 32GB expandable storage to back it up, there's plenty to root for the Coolpad Note 5.
It runs on the Snapdragon 617 octa-core processor with Adreno 405 GPU and there's support for dual-SIM 4G with VoLTE as well. However, you would have to sacrifice a SIM slot to add a microSD card to the device. USB OTG is also supported here.
Coolpad Note 5 Key Specifications
- 5.5 inches Full HD Display (1920 x 1080 pixels, 401 ppi), 2.5D Curved Scratch-resistant Glass
- Octa-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53, Qualcomm MSM8952 Snapdragon 617 Processor
- Android OS, v6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Internal storage 32 GB, 4 GB RAM
- Expandable storage with microSD card up to 64 GB (uses SIM 2 slot)
- 13MP primary camera with LED Flash
- 8MP front facing camera
- Fingerprint Sensor
- 4G with VoLTE Dual-SIM, GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, FM Radio
- 4010 mAh Non-removable Li-Ion battery
There is a fingerprint sensor at the back of the device, which is capable of unlocking the device within 0.1 seconds according to the company and then there's the massively humongous 4010 mAh battery which is supposed to keep the device ticking for upto 14 hours of talk-time.
On the camera front we are getting a 13MP f/2.2 rear camera which is capable of shooting 1080p videos and an 8MP camera for selfies. Even with more memory the Coolpad Note 5 will face strong competition from the segment leader, Redmi Note 3 as well as the recently launched Lenovo K5 Note.
Coolpad Note 5 India Pricing and Availability
The Coolpad Note 5 will be available on Amazon.in exclusively priced at Rs. 10,999 in gold and black color options starting October 18th.