Ever since UPI (Unified Payments Interface) came out, transferring funds has become a cakewalk. Google Tez is the newest app in the mix, which aims to make digital payments easier with Android Pay like functionality onboard. We have already seen many services taking advantage of it including the PhonePe app and BHIM. Even before the launch happened today in Delhi, the company had made the application live on the Google Play Store.
Both Android and iOS users can install Google Tez app on their phones. Using UPI, Tez works with all major banks and Google also has partnered with Axis Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank and even State Bank of India is going to join soon. You can pay directly from your bank account, so there would be no need to maintain a separate wallet.
Here's how to use the Google Tez app and get Rs. 51 referral bonus:
- Once you have downloaded the app on your Android or iPhone, you have to provide the application with the mobile number.
- Then, you will be prompted to set a lock by setting up a new Google Tez PIN or you can use your device's PIN as well.
- It will ask you to provide the right pin/pattern/password every time you open the application.For UPI based transactions, you have to enter the bank details and the debit card information as well. Then, a one-time password along with the UPI pin is used for the verification purpose.
- For UPI based transactions, you have to enter the bank details and the debit card information as well. Then, a one-time password along with the UPI pin is used for the verification.
- Next, you will get a unique referral link which you can share with your friends. Once they do a transaction on the app, both you and your friend will get Rs. 51 in your account. You can get as many referrals as you want till the total cashback/reward amount reaches Rs. 9000 or till April 2018.
On Tez, users can make payments with phone numbers, UPI IDs, as well as QR codes. It also syncs your contacts on the phone to highlight who is currently using the Google Tez app. With Cash Mode on the app, you can instantly send or receive payments with anyone nearby without sharing any personal details like phone number or bank account details.
Apart from its bank partners, Google has chosen Micromax, Nokia, Lava and Panasonic to preload the Tez app on their phones. Tez for Businesses is another initiative the company is bringing to India to improve the digital payments landscape. Using this, businesses will be able to accept payments of up to Rs. 50,000 without any fees. PVR Cinemas and Redbus are already onboard with DishTV, Dominos and JetAirways said to join soon.
Google is also said to be working with Shopify, PayU and Billdesk to integrate Tez into their portals for easier transactions.
Here are some of the key highlights of the Tez App:
- Transfer directly to your bank account. Just link your account to Tez over UPI and instantly transfer money from bank to bank, no wallet required.
- Tez is secure with Tez Shield which works 24/7 to help detect fraud, prevent hacking, and verify your identity. Each transaction is secured with your UPI PIN and the app is secured with a Google PIN or fingerprint.
- Tez works with all major Indian banks and with most smartphones. If you are using a rooted smartphone or with a custom ROM, Tez may not work on it. Moreover, it the app is available in English, Hindi, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Tamil, and Telugu languages.
- Tez’s Cash Mode lets you instantly send or receive payments to anyone nearby without sharing any personal details like your phone number or bank account.
- You can get Tez Scratch Cards within the app and you will be eligible to win up to Rs. 1,000 with each transaction. Moreover, your weekly transactions also enroll you in Tez’s Lucky Sundays contest where you could win Rs. 1 lakh every week. If you win, you will get the rewards straight in your bank account.
- Payment using debit and credit cards on Tez, is coming soon along with utility payments, DTH recharges along with recurring payment reminders.