OnePlus has just started rolling out Android 8.0 Oreo update for the OnePlus 3 and 3T. However, if you are like me and want to get hands-on it before it is available in your region, here's the tutorial. You can now download the official OxygenOS 5.0 update for the OnePlus 3/3T with Android 8.0 Oreo by just following these simple steps.
Tutorial - Download and install official OnePlus 3/3T Android 8.0 Oreo update (stable)
- Download Opera VPN from the Google Play Store and run the app.
- Click on Connect, it will select a region automatically.
- Select either Canada or Germany.
- Once the connection is established, head to Settings.
- Open System Updates and it will start looking for available updates.
- Download the 1.5GB update, preferably over WiFi.
- The download will take some time. Once it has finished downloading, apply the update and it will reboot your phone.
- After the update has been applied, your phone will reboot to Android 8.0 Oreo.
- That's it.
You can now use all the new features in Oreo on your OnePlus 3/3T including parallel apps, picture-in-picture. Android Oreo should also improve battery life on your phone by controlling background tasks. There's a lot more to test and see, but for now I am quite happy with the Oreo build in my initial testing. Do let me know if you run into any issues in the comments section.