Reliance has extended the Jio 4G Preview offer to Sony, Videocon and Sansui 4G smartphones. With this offer you get free unlimited data, voice calls and messages for 90 days.
Till now we had 12 manufacturers already onboard the Reliance Jio offer including Samsung, LG, Asus, Panasonic, YU, Micromax, TCL, Alcatel, Gionee, Karbonn, Lava and Xolo smartphones. So now we have 15 manufacturers excluding Reliance's own Lyf which have the Jio preview offer.
Availing the Jio 4G Unlimited offer is very simple, just follow these steps:
- Download and open the MyJio App from the Play Store
- Open My Jio (First app listed)
- Tap on - Get Jio SIM
- Tap on - Agree & Get Jio Offer
- Choose your location
- If Jio is available in your location proceed to the next step.
- Follow instructions to create your unique code. You can note down the code of take a screenshot.
- You need to carry a photocopy of a photo ID, a passport size photograph to the nearest Reliance Digital or DX Mini Store and get your free Jio SIM Card.
We will update the post with list of compatible smartphones when it becomes available.
Sony smartphones eligible for Jio Preview offer:
Xperia XA, Xperia XA Ultra, Xperia X (F5122), Xperia Z5 Dual (E6883), Xperia Z5 Premium Dual
Videocon 4G smartphones:
Graphite1 V45ED, Krypton 3 V50JG, Q1, V50FA3, V50FG6
From what we have been hearing, activation is now taking somewhere between 48-72 hours for most people but some are also reporting 5-6 days. If you live in a metropolis, chances are it would take more time for your SIM card to be activated.
Once you receive an SMS confirming that you Jio 4G SIM card has been activated on your alternate number, then you can call 1977 from the Jio SIM to start both Voice and Data services. You can also call 1800-890-1977 toll free number for from your non-jio number to activate data only services. After this activation goes through you can activate voice calling as well.
If you have any questions regarding Jio service, 4G speeds do hit us in the comments section.