Lenovo P2 has just just been announced at IFA 2016, the metal clad mid-ranger comes with Android Marshmallow running on the Snapdragon 625 octa-core processor with a 5.5-inch full HD Super AMOLED display.
There will be a choice of 3GB or 4GB RAM with 32GB onboard storage on the global variant while only the 4GB RAM variant with 64GB storage will be launched in China. There's no worries though, storage is expandable on both variants.
Lenovo P2 Specifications
- 5.5 inches Full HD Display (1080 x 1920 pixels, 401 ppi)
- Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53, Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 Processor
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- 3/4 GB RAM, 32/64 GB Storage expandable with microSD slot
- 13 MP primary camera with Dual-LED (Dual Tone)
- 5 MP front facing camera
- Fingerprint Sensor
- 4G LTE, Dual SIM, NFC, GPS, Wi-Fi, FM Radio
- 5100 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery, Fast Charging, Reverse Charging
Coming to cameras you get a 13MP rear camera with dual-LED flash on the Lenovo P2 along with a 5MP front snapper. Just like the Vibe P1 from last year, you will find the fingerprint sensor up front masquerading as the home button.
Lenovo has been able to cram a massive 5100 mAh battery into the 8.29mm thin body of the P2 and still keeping the weight at 179 grams. This battery can be used to charge other devices with USB OTG. Moreover, the Vibe P2 supports fast charging and will come with a whopping 24 watt charger.
The P2 has been priced at €249 ($278 / Rs. 18500) for the 3GB RAM variant and €299 ($334 / Rs. 22200) for 4GB RAM in Europe, and will be available in November.
Alongwith the Lenovo P2, the company also showcased its new K6, K6 Power and K6 Note smartphones. All of which run on the Snapdragon 430 octa-core processor, come with 8MP front cameras, Android Marshmallow, metal body and a fingerprint sensor on the back. All these smartphone will be available later in September.