Qualcomm has announced its latest flagship processor Snapdragon 865 Plus 5G Mobile Platform, which is the upgrade version of Snapdragon 865 SoC. It comes with Qualcomm Kryo 585 CPU Prime core clock speed at up to 3.1 GHz that offers a 10% increase in CPU performance, and the Adreno 650 GPU also 10% faster graphics as compared to 865 SoC, and the other cores are same.
It comes with Qualcomm FastConnect 6900 compatibility, features with the latest 6 GHz operation (with Wi-Fi 6E), 4-stream Dual Band Simultaneous (DBS), and more. If we compared it to 6800 in the 865 SoC, boasting up to 3.6 Gbps Wi-Fi speeds where it claims is the fastest of any mobile Wi-Fi offering in the industry. It also has Snapdragon Elite Gaming premium features with up to 144Fps QHD+ display, and True 10-bit HDR gaming, which is the same as the 865.
- Qualcomm® Kryo™ 585 provides a 10% performance boost compared to Snapdragon 865
- Qualcomm® Adreno™ 650 GPU delivers up to 10% faster graphics rendering from Snapdragon 865
- A full suite of Snapdragon Elite Gaming features including Desktop Forward Rendering, Qualcomm® Game Color Plus v2.0, Qualcomm® Game Smoother
- True 10-bit HDR gaming and first-ever updatable GPU drivers on mobile
- FastConnect 6900 extends leading Wi-Fi 6 technology features and integrates advanced audio capabilities.
- 6 GHz operation (Wi-Fi 6E) dramatically expands Wi-Fi capacity by adding up to 1200 MHz of additional spectrum for Wi-Fi use.
- 4-Stream (2x2 + 2x2) Dual Band Simultaneous harnesses multiple antennas and bands to provide superior speed/latency performance compared with common two-stream implementations.
- Bluetooth 5.2, Dual Bluetooth Antennas, aptX Suite, and new LE audio features combine to support crisp, reliable, and responsive audio.
- Supports global roaming and global multi-SIM
- Supports all key regions and frequency bands including mmWave, sub-6, TDD, FDD and Dynamic Spectrum Sharing (DSS)
- Compatible with both standalone and non-standalone modes
- CV-ISP operates at 2 Gigapixels per second
- No limit HD slow-motion video capture at 960 FPS
- Dolby Vision for video capture on mobile
- Qualcomm® Sensing Hub
- Low power AI voice assistant support with contextual awareness
- Supports voice, audio, and sensors
- Hexagon Voice Assistant Accelerator for advanced voice use cases
- Qualcomm Aqstic™ Audio Technologies offer native DSD support, PCM up to 384 kHz/32-bit and customizable "Golden Ears" filter
- Qualcomm® aptX™ Adaptive audio for robust, low-latency and high-quality wireless audio
The devices based on Snapdragon 865 Plus processor will be expected to announced in the third quarter of 2020, where the ASUS ROG Phone 3 and the Lenovo Legion gaming phone will launch later this month.