Samsung has just launched the Galaxy C9 Pro in India at Rs. 36900. It will come in black and Gold color options and will be available through all retail channels in February 2017.
The Galaxy C9 Pro aims to capture the upper mid-range segment running on the powerful Snapdragon 653 octa-core processor with a whopping 6GB of RAM. There's 64GB of internal storage as well which is expandable. In the front, you get a 6-inch 1080p Super AMOLED FHD display with 367 PPI pixel density. It is covered in Corning Gorilla Glass 4 for protection. Read More: Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro Detailed Specifications
All this hardware is packed in a 6.9mm thin shell, which is remarkable considering you have a 4000 mAh battery inside and the entire package weighs in at 188 grams.
The C9 Pro also comes with dual speakers using the front earpiece as well as the loud speaker for stereo effect. It runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box and will be upgradable to Nougat as well. Samsung has also packed NFC support along with a front facing fingerprint sensor on the C9 Pro. Talking about sensors, it has a magnetic field sensor, gyroscope as well as a notification LED. It has a USB Type-C port with Fast charging built in and you would get an adaptive fast charger within the box.
Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro Specifications
- 6-inch FHD AMOLED Display, 1920×1080 pixels, 367 PPI
- Octa Core Snapdragon 653 processor
- Adreno 510 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 64GB Internal memory expandable with MicroSD card up to 256 GB
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, Upgradable to Nougat
- 16MP Rear Camera, f/1.9 Aperture, Dual-tone LED Flash
- 16MP front camera, f/1.9 Aperture
- Thickness: 6.9mm; Weight: 185g
- Fingerprint sensor, Dual-SIM (Nano-SIM), Separate MicroSD Slot
- 4G LTE, Dual-band WiFiac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB-Type-C, NFC
- 4000mAh Battery, Non-removable, Fast Charging
Rounding up the specs, are two 16MP cameras found in the front and rear. Both cameras sport f/1.9 aperture lenses with the rear camera also getting a dual-LED flash.
Although the Galaxy C9 Pro is priced higher than the Galaxy A9 Pro launched earlier, it does pack better specs especially in the camera department, memory and comes in a much sleeker package. It would be interesting to see which one the consumers prefer, a metal-clad Galaxy C9 Pro or the glass A9 Pro. Check Out: Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro vs Galaxy A9 Pro - Full Comparison
The Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro will be available on pre-order from select offline and online retailers starting January 27th, which will also get a free one-time screen replacement warranty for a year.