Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime has just gone official in Vietnam with a fingerprint sensor, 5.5-inch 1080p Super AMOLED display covered in 2.5D Curved Gorilla Glass 4.
There's 3GB RAM on offer and 32GB of expandable storage running Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Powering everything is a 1.6GHz octa-core Exynos 7870 found on the Indian variant of the Galaxy J7 2016 with Mali-T830 MP2 GPU. This is a huge upgrade over the Indian variant especially with the full-HD display and fingerprint sensor onboard.
Galaxy J7 Prime Specifications
- 5.5-inch 1080p Super AMOLED display
- Octa-core 1.6 GHz, Exynos 7870 Processor, Mali-T830 GPU
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- 3 GB RAM, 32GB Storage expandable upto 128GB with microSD cards
- 13 MP primary camera with LED Flash, f/1.9 aperture
- 8 MP front facing camera, f/1.9 aperture
- 4G LTE, Dual SIM, NFC, GPS, Wi-Fi
- 3300 mAh Non-removable Li-Ion Battery
You have a metal design on the Galaxy J7 Prime which is quite different from the J7 2016. The back is flat with no camera bump and the sides are rounded.
There is improvement in the camera department as well. At the back you get a f/1.9 13MP camera and an 8MP front-facing camera for selfies. Connectivity options include dual-SIM 4G LTE support, WiFi, GPS with GLONASS. S-Bike mode also comes baked in.
Check out: Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime vs Galaxy J7 (2016)
Pricing and Availability
The Galaxy J7 Prime has been priced at VND 6,290,000 ($280 or Rs. 18700) in Vietnam and is available on pre-order. There are several freebies on offer from retailers including power banks, VR headsets, selfie sticks, bluetooth headsets and speakers.