OnePlus 3T has just received its Nougat update with Oxygen OS 4.0.0. The update is now officially available from OnePlus and you can install it on your OnePlus 3T. Just Download Oxygen OS 4.0.0 for OnePlus 3T and follow the tutorial below.
The steps are same for the OnePlus 3 and 3T, just the OTA update files will be different. One thing to note is that this is a beta update and may contain some bugs. It will not erase anything on your smartphone but we would still recommend taking a backup first. Before you begin do make sure your phone has more than 50% charge.
First, you need to download the Nougat update for OnePlus 3T from here. This is the official OTA update, so don't worry about its authenticity.
How to install Android Nougat on OnePlus 3T - Step-by-step Tutorial
- Enable USB Debugging from Settings > Developer options. If you don't see the option then go into Settings > About phone and tap on Build Number 7 times to enable Developer options.
- Download ADB Platform tools and extract them to a folder. Keep the OTA Nougat update file in the same folder, makes it easier.
- Power down your phone.
- Once done, press and hold the power and volume-down key to enter the Recovery mode.
- Now you need to choose Install from ADB and then connect the phone to your PC (Windows).
- On PC open an Administrator Command Prompt in the folder you extracted in Step 2. You can do that from File menu or by pressing the Shift key when you right-click on your mouse.
- On the command prompt, type "adb devices" (without quotes) and press enter.
- If your OnePlus 3T is detected with "sideload" written next to it, you are all set. Else we need to run some more commands. Enter "adb kill-server" and once it executes, "adb start-server". Now, again enter "adb devices" and see if the phone is detected, if not try plugging it again.
- Once the phone is displayed, type the following code and press enter: "adb sideload (name of update file).zip"
- After the flash is successful, go back to the main recovery menu, clear cache. Then Reboot your phone.
- That's it, you are done.
Disclaimer: We have not tested this update, but it has been verified by several sources to be working. We would not be held responsible if you brick your device, proceed at your own risk.