Today, Vivo has introduced its next-generation concept phone APEX 2020 with 5G in China. The device comes with a 6.45-inch 120° FullView wrap-around display that bends up to 120° angle on both sides. From the previous one, it Similar as doesn’t have any ports or buttons except it uses press-sensitive buttons on the sides along with company using third-generation Screen SoundCasting Technology.
APEX 2020 has an under-screen display camera that visible only when it needs as similar to last year showcased by Xiaomi and OPPO. According to the company, it has successfully increased the light transmittance on the above screen, effectively reduces optical interference, diffraction and stray flashes for better picture quality. The front camera has 16MP with a 4-in-1 super-pixel photosensitive chip that increases the image pixel quality.
On the rear side has a 48-megapixel primary camera with gimbals like technology that can optically stabilization by front-back and left-right in inclined directions with better performance. According to the company, the stabilization angle of the camera is 200% better than other normal phones camera with OIS technology. The phone comes with Continuous Optical Zoom, which it the world’s first smartphone fitted with a high-magnification continuous optical zoom between 5x-7.5x that gives high-quality resolution images.
The APEX 2020 comes with 60W Wireless Super FlashCharge that can recharge the phone with a 2000mAh battery in just 20 minutes, according to the company. If we compare to other brands, Xiaomi has a 30W wireless charger that can charge a 4,000mAh battery up to 50% in 25 minutes, and 100% charge in 69 minutes.
The Vivo APEX 2020 concept phone comes in White and Black colors. However, this is a concept phone so it is not for customers but, some features of this phone will be introduced in their next-generation of NEX phone series later this year.
- Display - 6.45-inch (2330 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 120° FullView Edgeless Display
- Processor - 2.84GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform
- GPU - Adreno 650
- RAM - 12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- Storage - 256GB storage
- OS - Android 10
- Front Camera - 16MP under-display front-facing camera
- Rear Camera - 16MP camera with 5x-7.5x Continuous Optical Zoom + 48MP Gimbal
- Dimensions - 157.25×66.2×8.8mm
- Weight - 169g
- Features - Pressure-sensing Power Button, No Volume Rocker (Volume can be adjusted through the pop-up menu)
- Connectivity - 5G SA/NSA, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS
- Charger - 60W Wireless Super FlashCharge