Xiaomi today launched the Redmi 3S in India at an event in New Delhi. The much anticipated budget smartphone comes with a 5-inch 720p HD display running on an octa-core Snapdragon 430 processor with 2/3GB RAM and Android Marshmallow based MIUI 8.
Xiaomi Redmi 3S Key Specs
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430
- Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB/3GB RAM with 16GB/32GB internal storage expandable with a microSD card slot
- MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Hybrid Dual SIM
- 13MP Rear camera with PDAF, LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP Front camera
- Thickness: 8.5mm; Weight: 144g
- Fingerprint sensor (Redmi 3S Prime - 3 GB variant only), Infrared sensor, Metal Build
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 4100mAh battery
On the camera front you get a 13MP f/2.0 rear camera here with LED flash, capable of recording 1080p videos and a 5MP front facing camera for selfies. The Redmi 3S is a huge upgrade over the last-gen Redmi 2 prime both in terms of build and performance.
With the launch of a compact budget smartphone in the sub Rs. 10000 segment Xiaomi will be able to capture a huge market share with most manufacturers just concentrating on large screen devices.
The Redmi 3S brings powerful performance with dual-SIM 4G with VoLTE support, a metal build, massive 4100 mAh battery, fingerprint sensor (3 GB variant only) all in a slim 8.5 mm thin shell which is sure to ring well with customers. Xiaomi already has the rest of the segment covered with the Redmi Note 3 starting at Rs. 9999. This would just be icing on the cake.
Pricing and Availability
The Xiaomi Redmi 3S has been priced at Rs. 6999 for the 2 GB RAM variant and Rs. 8999 for the 3 GB RAM variant (aka Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime). Redmi 3s Prime will be available starting August 9th on Flipkart and Mi.com while the 2GB Redmi 3S will be available starting August 16th.