Xiaomi is all set to launch one of its more budget friendly smartphones in India, the Xiaomi Redmi 4A, which runs on the Snapdragon 425 processor and comes with 2GB RAM and 16GB onboard storage. The device will be an Amazon India exclusive.
The company has been hinting at the Redmi 4A (Specs | Images) for some time on its social media pages but they may also launch the Redmi 4 which packs similar specs as the recently launched Redmi Note 4 with Snapdragon 625. Both phones were launched back in November. The Redmi 4A was priced at 499 Yuan in China or about Rs. 4930 while the Redmi 4 at 699 yuan or Rs. 6900.
It is expected that Xiaomi may launch the Redmi 4A under Rs. 5000 in India to bridge the gap between feature phone and smartphone users. Given the huge base of Jio users, at this price Xiaomi can make a huge dent in the market.
Xiaomi Redmi 4A specifications
- 5-inch HD IPS display, 1280 x 720 pixels
- 1.4GHz Quad-Core, Snapdragon 425 processor
- Adreno 308 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB Internal Storage, Expandable with Hybrid MicroSD
- MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 13MP Rear Camera, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, LED Flash, 1080p Recording
- 5MP Front Camera
- Dual-SIM, 4G VoLTE, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, FM Radio, Infrared Sensor
- 3030mAh Battery (Non-removable)
We will know more on the pricing of the Redmi 4A when it is launched later today in an event in New Delhi, stay tuned for updates.