Xiaomi today launched the Redmi Note 5, the first smartphone from the company with a 5.99-inch FullView FHD+ display. Although, if you pay close attention, this is the Redmi 5 Plus which was launched in China last year in December. It is powered by the Snapdragon 625, same as the outgoing Redmi Note 4, and comes with up to 4GB RAM, Android 7.1.2 Nougat with MIUI 9.2 on top.
It has a 12-megapixel rear camera, with dual-tone LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with selfie-flash. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back and the same 4000 mAh battery.
The Redmi Note 5 will come in 4 colors, Black, Gold, Rose Gold and Blue. It has been priced at Rs. 9999 for the 3GB RAM option and Rs. 11,999 for the 4GB RAM option with 64GB internal storage. You will also get a free clear case within the box. The Redmi Note 5 will be available exclusively on Flipkart, as well as on Mi.com and Mi Home stores.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Specifications
- 5.99-inch Full HD+ Display, 2.5D Curved Glass, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Protection
- 2.0GHz Octa-Core, Snapdragon 625 Mobile Platform
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 3/4 GB RAM with 32/64 GB storage, expandable up to 128GB with microSD card
- Android 7.1.2 Nougat with MIUI 9.2
- 12MP Rear Camera, f/2.0 Aperture, PDAF, Dual-tone LED Flash
- 5MP Front-facing Camera, f/2.0 Aperture, Selfie Flash
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor, Hybrid SIM Slot
- Thickness: 8.05mm; Weight: 180g
- Dual-SIM 4G VoLTE, Dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, FM Radio
- 4000 mAh Battery