Along with the Redmi Note 5, the company also debuted the Redmi Note 5 Pro in India. It features the same 5.99-inch 1080p FHD+ display with 18:9 aspect ratio and Android 7.1.2 Nougat with MIUI 9.2. It is powered by the Snapdragon 636 SoC with up to 6GB RAM, and 12-megapixel + 5-megapixel dual rear cameras. The rear cameras are arranged vertically to look like the iPhone X, although you will find a fingerprint sensor there as well.
Xiaomi has also packed a 20-megapixel front-facing camera here with a selfie flash. There 's support for portrait mode in the front camera with AI sampling which eliminates the need for a second camera. Even Face Unlock is supported but it will arrive on the phone with an OTA update by end of March.
It has the same 4000 mAh battery as the Redmi Note 5 and features hybrid SIM card slot as well.
The Redmi Note 5 Pro will come in 4 colors as well, Black, Gold, Rose Gold and Blue. It starts at Rs. 13,999 for the 4GB RAM option and Rs. 16,999 for the 6GB RAM version. It will also be available exclusively on Flipkart along with Mi.com and Mi Home stores starting February 22nd. You can also get additional Rs. 2200 cashback offer and 100% additional data on Reliance Jio.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro Specifications
- 5.99-inch Full HD+ Display, 2.5D Curved Glass, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Protection, 1080x2160 pixels
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core, Snapdragon 636 SoC
- Adreno 509 GPU
- 4/6 GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB Storage, Expandable up to 128 GB with microSD card
- Android 7.1.2 Nougat with MIUI 9
- 12MP Rear Camera, Sony IMX486 Sensor, f/2.2 Aperture, PDAF, Secondary 5MP Camera, f/2.0 Aperture, Dual-tone LED Flash
- 20MP Front-facing Camera, Sony IMX376 Sensor, f/2.2 Aperture, LED flash, 1080p Video Recording
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor, Hybrid SIM Slot
- Thickness: 8.05mm; Weight: 181g
- Dual-SIM 4G VoLTE, Dual-band WiFi (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS, FM Radio
- 4000 mAh Battery