Huawei has finally launched the global variant of the Honor 9. It packs the same specs as the Chinese variant, including the 5.15-inch 1080p display and the dual 20MP + 12MP rear cameras. There's 2X hybrid zoom onboard as well along with laser autofocus.
Powering the Honor 9 is Huawei's own Kirin 960 octa-core SoC and you choose from 4GB or 6GB RAM options. The company has also reworked its EMUI skin on top of Android Nougat, which now includes a traditional app drawer instead of the row of icons on homescreens. It has a 3D glass body, which changes colors based on which angle light reflects on it.
Moving to the front, the display is covered in 2.5d curved glass. You also find an 8MP camera up top and fingerprint sensor below the display. There's 3200 mAh battery on the device, with all this tucked in a very slim 7.45mm thin body. Connectivity options include hybrid dual-SIM 4G VoLTE support, dual-band WiFiac, NFC and USB Type-C port for charging.
Honor 9 Specifications
- 5.15-inch Full HD Display, 2.5D Curved Glass, 1920x1080 Pixels
- Octa-Core, Huawei Kirin 960 Processor
- Mali G71 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 64GB storage or 6GB RAM with 64GB or 128GB storage
- Android 7.0 Nougat with EMUI 5.1
- 20MP (Monochrome) + 12MP (RGB) Dual Rear cameras, Laser AF, PDAF, dual-tone LED Flash, 4K Video Recording
- 8MP Front Camera, f/2.0 Aperture Lens
- Fingerprint sensor, Hybrid Dual-SIM/MicroSD Card Slot
- 4G VoLTE, Dual-band WiFi ac, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3200mAh Battery, Fast charging, Non-removable
The Honor 9 will come in Sapphire Blue, Glacier Grey, and Midnight Black color options. It has been priced at 449 Euros ($510 or Rs. 32,750) for the 4GB RAM variant with 64GB internal storage. Vmall.eu is currently selling the device across Europe.