Lenovo has launched its first smartphone with ThinkPhone branding the ThinkPhone by Motorola in the Global market. It has a 6.6-inch FHD+ pOLED display with 144Hz refresh rate, an In-display fingerprint sensor, MIL-STD 810H certified, designed with a lightweight aramid fiber that’s stronger than steel, an aircraft-grade aluminum frame, and Gorilla Glass Victus protection, so it easily endures shocks and drops from up to 1.25 meters, as per the company.
It runs on the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor with up to 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 512GB UFS 3.1 storage, and is based on Android 13. It has a triple rear camera setup where a 50MP primary camera with OIS along with 13MP ultra-wide camera, a 2MP depth sensor, and a 32MP front-facing punch-hole camera. It also has IP68 certification with a depth of up to 1.5 meters for up to 30 minutes.
The ThinkPhone also has an iconic customizable Red Key on the side to provide immediate access to the most critical business and field apps or instantly integrate the mobile and PC experiences. There is Moto KeySafe, a separate processor running on Android, that adds another layer of security to better protect the most sensitive data in the smartphone, as per the company. It isolates PINs, passwords, and cryptographic keys, storing them in a tamper-resistant environment, protecting the data from the inside out, it added.
The Think 2 Think experiences powered by Ready For include -
- Instant Connect - Phone and PC seamlessly discover when nearby and connect over Wi-Fi.
- Unified Clipboard - Seamlessly transfer copied text or recent photos, scanned documents, and videos between devices by pasting them into any app on the destination device.
- Unified Notifications - Phone notifications instantly appear on the Windows Action Center. Clicking a notification auto-launches the corresponding phone app on the PC’s screen.
- File Drop - Easily drag and drop files between ThinkPhone and PC.
- App Streaming - Open any Android application directly on a PC.
- Advanced Webcam - Take advantage of the powerful ThinkPhone cameras and AI capabilities, seamlessly using it as your webcam for all your video calls.
- Instant Hotspot - Connect to the internet through one click, directly from the PC to leverage the ThinkPhone’s 5G connectivity.4
Lenovo ThinkPhone by Motorola Specifications -
|Display||6.6-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 144Hz pOLED display, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection|
|Processor||Up to 3.2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 Plus 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 730 GPU|
|RAM/Storage||8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 128GB / 256GB / 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage|
|Rear Cameras||50MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 13MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture, 8K 30fps, 4K HDR+ video|
|Front Camera||32MP front camera with f/2.45 aperture|
|Features||In-display fingerprint sensor, Special red key, USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, MIL-STD-810H compliant, Dust and Water-resistant (IP68)|
|Dimensions||158.76 x 74.38 x 8.26mm|
|Connectivity||5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 6E, MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, QZSS(L1+L5), 2 x USB Type-C, NFC|
|Battery/Charger||5000mAh battery with 68W wired fast charging, 15W wireless charging|
The company confirmed that the Lenovo ThinkPhone by Motorola will be available in the US, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, Australia, and select countries across Asia later this year. But, the company didn't reveal the pricing of the phone.