Along with the smaller Moto G5s upgrade, Moto India also launched the Moto G5s Plus in India. It is the first dual camera smartphone from the company in the lower mid-range segment. The dual cameras on the Moto G5S Plus allow for selective focus, bokeh effect with blurred background, replacing background altogether and selective coloring as well. The front camera too has got an upgrade to 8MP with a bright LED flash.
The front now boasts of a 5.5-inch 1080p full-HD display with Gorilla Glass 3 protection. Under the hood, you will find the Snapdragon 625 octa-core processor chugging along with 4GB RAM and 64GB expandable storage. The Moto G5s Plus runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat and is upgradable to Android Oreo as well.
It has a metal unibody construction with fingerprint sensor in the front and a non-removable 3000 mAh battery which does seem a bit small going by other phones in the category. You have the Coolpad Cool Play 6 with a 4000 mAh battery and the Redmi Note 4 with a 4100 mAh battery, then there's the Lenovo P2 too with a massive 5100 mAh battery in the same segment. But at least you have Turbo Charging available here, with the charger within the box.
Moto G5S Plus Specifications
- 5.5-inch Full HD IPS Display, 1920x1080 Pixels, Corning Gorilla glass 3 Protection
- 2.0 GHz Octa-Core, Snapdragon 625
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB Internal Storage, Memory Expandable up to 256GB
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat, Upgradable to Oreo
- Dual 13MP (RGB) + 13 MP (Monochrome), f/2.0 Aperture, Dual-LED Flash, 4K Video Recording
- 8MP Front Selfie Camera, f/2.0 Aperture Lens
- Water-repellent Nano-coating, Dual-SIM, Fingerprint Sensor
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC, FM Radio
- 3000mAh Battery, Turbo Charging, Non-removable
The Moto G5s Plus too will come in two colors, Lunar Grey and Blush Gold. It has been priced at Rs 15,999 and will be available from Amazon.in starting midnight tonight.