OnePlus has finally confirmed that its upcoming mid-range 5G smartphone the OnePlus Nord2 5G will be powered by the MediaTek Dimensity 1200 processor, after the rumors and a recent render leak. The company also said that this will bring new AI-based features in the new OnePlus Nord 2 5G phone where users experience across various touchpoints. It highlights the new AI capabilities of the chipset that calling it Dimensity 1200-AI processor, and the companies say will distinguish it from the standard Dimensity 1200.
The OnePlus Nord 2 5G will integrate AI-assisted photography for superior imaging, display enhancements for a top-ranking user experience, better response times for faster and smoother gaming, and much more, as per the company.
OnePlus Nord2 5G AI Features -
- AI imaging technology enables a smarter, more responsive photography experience with enhanced results.
- AI Photo Enhancement is capable of recognizing up to 22 different photography scenarios and automatically adjusts the color tones and contrast to ensure photos are optimized for maximum quality even at night and in other low-light environments.
- AI Video Enhancement feature enables live HDR effects in real-time during recording.
- AI-customized chipset uses DOL-HDR technology to improve image quality, adjust tuning while live recording, and enhance the color range and color accuracy of videos. This results in better shadow detail, highlight retention, and greater dynamic range.
- Visual experiences are more dynamic and intuitive with the deep integration of AI technologies. Key enhancements include AI Color Boost technology, which utilizes the context-awareness capabilities of AI to automatically convert standard dynamic range to high dynamic range. AI Resolution Boost automatically enhances video resolution to HD resolution on popular social media apps.
- Smart Ambient Display utilizes AI to dynamically control the brightness of the screen based on the lighting conditions around users and the content being displayed on the screen, ensuring an intuitive, comfortable viewing experience at all times
- MediaTek Dimensity 1200-AI also provides a superior gaming experience. Users will be able to game at a high refresh rate with titles like Brawl Stars. Users can also take advantage of the device’s low latency, improved heat management, and efficient power consumption to the game for longer.
The OnePlus Nord 2 5G will also launch in India soon as per the teaser posted by the company on their Twitter account. The phone is expected to be introduced by the end of this July, according to the rumors.
As per the recent renders leaks, the phone is expected to have a 6.43-inch punch-hole screen that should be the same as the Nord CE FHD+ AMOLED display with a 90Hz refresh rate, and retain the alert slider from the first Nord. The phone is expected to come with the latest 50MP IMX766 primary sensor along with an 8MP ultra-wide camera and a 2MP B&W sensor for portrait shots. On the front side should have a 32MP front-facing camera. It will be powered by a 4500mAh battery with fast charging might be a 65W Wrap charger.