Samsung has an event scheduled for tomorrow (August 23rd) in India where the company is launching a new smartphone, given the recent leaks we expect the Tizen OS powered Z2 smartphone launching here.
The Samsung Z2 is a budget device running on the company's own Tizen OS with 1.5GHz quad-core processor, 8GB storage and 1GB RAM. It would pack 4G LTE support with dual-SIM slots and a separate memory card slot to expand storage.
Samsung Z2 Key Specs
- 4.0 inches WVGA Display (480 x 800 pixels, 233 ppi)
- Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A7, Spreadtrum SC9830A Processor
- Tizen OS v2.4
- 1GB RAM, 8GB Expandable Storage
- Expandable storage with microSD card up to 64 GB
- 5 MP primary camera with LED flash
- VGA front facing camera
- 3G, 4G LTE, Dual SIM, GPS, Wi-Fi, FM Radio
- 1500 mAh Li-Ion Battery
From the rumors we have been hearing, we have compiled a list of expected specs of the Z2 which can be seen in detail here. An official video showing various features of the new Tizen smartphone also surfaced online just last week adding fuel to the speculation.
We will be present at the launch and you can subscribe to our youtube channel to get our hands-on impressions of the Samsung Z2 right after the event.
Title Image: Image used above is that of Samsung Z3, used as a placeholder as Samsung Z2 hasn't been officially unveiled yet.