Huawei has started rolling out Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for the Honor 5X which also brings EMUI 4.0. There are a lot of improvements in performance and Marshmallow features including Doze mode for better battery-life, app permissions and native Nexus Imprint fingerprint API.
Here are some of the features of EMUI 4.0:
- Mission Control - An easier way to access your phone. When your screen is on standby, touch the screen in various motions to initiate different functions.
- Navigation Bar - Personalize your navigation experience by customizing the order of icons in your navigation bar.
- Drag Actions - Drag actions make it easy for you to view and hide the important things. Drag top down on left side to show notifications. When you drag top down on right side, we’ll show you your shortcuts.
- One-Hand Mode - The One-Hand Mode alters the UI to make using your device with a single hand much easier. Simply swipe left or right at the button of screen to use your phone with your left or right hand only.
- Advanced, Yet Simplified Volume Control Settings - Manage your notifications, music and alarm volumes quickly and easily. Simply toggle the up or down volume rocker wherever you are.
- New Open Apps Menu - The new look and feel of the open apps menu feature allows you to easily scroll through all your open apps and make a selection, dismiss or (with EMUI 4.0) dismiss all at once!
The OTA update has already begun rolling out and should arrive on all Honor 5X smartphone within a couple of weeks. You can also manually check for updates through settings. If you have installed the Marshmallow update, we would like to know your experience.