Samsung Galaxy J2 (2016) has been launched in India at an event in Bangalore, the phone comes with innovative Smart Glow notifications which allow for customized colors based on apps surrounding the back camera. There's S-Bike mode available on the J2 6 as well.
The Galaxy J2 2016 features specs similar to the new Galaxy J3 but without NFC. Then there's Turbo Speed Technology or TST for short which makes launching apps faster and memory management better. Samsung says that TST gives a 40% speed boost on the same hardware.
The native apps on the J2 have also been made lighter to have lower memory footprint, you also have pro-active memory management which clears memory of unused apps and also increases available RAM for upcoming tasks in the background.
Samsung Galaxy J2 (SM-J210F) Key Specs
- 5-inch 720p HD Super AMOLED Display
- 1.5 GHz Quad-core Spreadtrum SC9830A Processor
- Mali-400MP2 GPU
- 1.5GB RAM, 8GB Internal Storage expandable with microSD Card Slot
- Smart Glow Notifications, Turbo Speed Technology, S-Bike Mode
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 8MP AF Rear Camera with LED Flash
- 5MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE, Dual-SIM, WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth 4.1
Pricing and Availability
The Galaxy J2 (2016) has been priced at Rs. 9750 and comes in black, silver, gold color options. It will be available through both offline and online retailers starting July 10th.