Samsung's biggest phablet has gone official in India. The Galaxy A9 Pro (SM-A910F) was launched in China earlier and it packs a massive 5000 mAh battery in a metal and glass body.
There's a 6-inch 1080p Super AMOLED display here with 2.5D curved glass for protection. It runs on the powerful mid-range Snapdragon 652 octa-core chipset from Qualcomm with 4GB RAM and Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
On the camera front you have a 16MP rear unit with optical image stabilization and 8MP front facing camera for selfies. Just like other Samsung smartphones launched in the country, the Galaxy A9 Pro is also supports dual-SIM 4G LTE, dual-band WiFi, GPS and a fingerprint sensor embedded in the home button. If you were wondering, there is a separate microSD card slot here to expand the 32GB of inbuilt storage, so no hybrid business.
Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro Specifications
- 6-inch Full HD Super AMOLED display, 2.5D Curved Glass (1920×1080 pixels, 367 PPI)
- Octa Core, Snapdragon 652 processor
- Adreno 510 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB Internal storage expandable upto 256GB with MicroSD slot
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- 16MP Rear Camera, 1/2.8-inch sensor, f/1.9 aperture, OIS, LED flash
- 8MP Front Camera, f/1.9 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, Dual-SIM, Metal and Glass Body
- 4G LTE, dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, GPS
- 5000mAh Battery with Fast Charging
Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro (2016) Unboxing and Hands-on
Coming to design, it's similar to the current-gen Galaxy A 2016 series smartphones. There is a slight camera hump at the back and the speaker is positioned at the bottom. All this is packaged neatly in the 7.9 mm thin shell of the A9 Pro including the 5000 mAh battery which does support fast charging.
Galaxy A9 Pro India Pricing and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro has been priced at Rs. 32,490 in India and will be available in stores starting September 26th. It would come in gold, black and white colors.