Along with the two variants of the Redmi 4, Xiaomi also launched the Redmi 4A which may just be a China-specific model. The latest budget smartphone from the company with 4G VoLTE support also packs a quad-core Snapdragon 425 with 2GB RAM, 16GB onboard storage. It runs on MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box.
It has a dual-SIM slot as well but it's a hybrid slot, so you have to sacrifice the second SIM slot to expand storage. It has a unibody metal construction as well but a softer, more rounded design compared to the Redmi 4, measuring in at 8.5mm in thickness and weighing in at 131.5 grams. Moreover, there is no fingerprint sensor here but the infrared sensor has been retained.
There is a 13MP rear camera here with phase detection autofocus, single-LED flash capable of recording 1080p videos along with a wide-angle front-facing camera. A 3120 mAh battery keeps the lights on.
Xiaomi Redmi 4A Specifications
- 5-inch HD IPS Display, 720 x1280 Pixels, 294 PPI
- 1.4GHz Quad-Core, Snapdragon 425 Processor
- Adreno 308 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB Internal Storage Expandable with MicroSD Slot
- MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 13MP Rear Camera, PDAF, LED Flash, f/2.2 Aperture, 1080p Recording
- 5MP Front Camera
- Infrared sensor, Hybrid Dual-SIM Slot
- Thickness: 8.5mm;Weight: 131.5g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, FM Radio
- 3120mAh Battery
Xiaomi Redmi 4A Pricing and Availability
The Redmi 4A will come in gold and rose gold color options priced at a very affordable 499 yuan (Rs. 4950 or $75) and it will be going on sale on November 11th as well in China. There is no word on a global launch or availability.