Just as expected, Xiaomi has launched the Redmi Note 4 in India running on the Snapdragon 625 octa-core processor with several memory options. The base model with 2GB RAM and 32GB onboard storage starts at Rs. 9999.
It packs a similar 5.5-inch 1080p IPS display as the Redmi Note 3 but runs on the SD625 instead of Snapdragon 650. The 14nm process used to manufacture the Snapdragon 625 makes it more efficient and less prone to heating issues. On the software side, we have MIUI 8 running on top of Android 6.0 Marshmallow. For photos, you have a 13MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture and a 5MP front camera as well.
It has a soft matte finished metal body with chamfered edges, a fingerprint sensor on the back and 2.5D curved glass in front to protect the display. It has a hybrid SIM card slot, so you can expand storage but then a SIM card slot would have to be sacrificed.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Specifications
- 5.5-inch Full HD Display, 2.5D Curved Glass display, 1920x1080 Pixels
- 2.0GHz Octa-Core, Snapdragon 625 Processor
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 2GB / 3GB RAM with 32GB storage or 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, Expandable with hybrid microSD Slot
- MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 13MP Rear Camera, PDAF, f/2.0 Aperture, Sony IMX258 Sensor, Dual-tone LED Flash
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 Aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor, Hybrid Dual-SIM
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, FM Radio
- 4100mAh Battery (Non-removable)
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 India Pricing and Availability
The Redmi Note 4 will come in gold, dark gray and matte black color options. There are three variants to choose from:
- Redmi Note 4 with 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage - Rs. 9999
- Redmi Note 4 with 3GB RAM, 32GB Storage - Rs. 10999
- Redmi Note 4 with 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage - Rs. 12999
All variants will be exclusively available from Flipkart and Mi.com.
Update: First sale is on January 23rd at Mi.com at 12PM.